When you utilize Attend on your device, the only personal information that we collect from you is your name and email address. By limiting the amount of personal information that you can submit, Attend ensures common sense COPPA and SOPIPA compliance. Attend may collect and store information about yours and others’ usage of and interaction with the other members, chat messages, and in-class usage. Any content created that is considered educational material can be securely exported, ensuring FERPA compliance in the transfer and privacy of student education records.
We will not trade, rent or sell your information to third parties.
Once you have shared content, that user content may be seen by other users.
In addition, due to the inherent nature of the Internet and related technology, we do not guarantee the protection of information under our control against loss, misuse or alteration.
We use or may disclose your personal information only as follows:
- To connect you with others as enabled by Attend;
- To share your Profile with others on Attend;
- To show you the names of persons you communicate with and to show your name to persons you communicate with on Attend;
- To deliver to you any administrative notices, alerts and communications relevant to your use of Attend;
- To provide you with relevant content that you requested, using information that you allow us to collect from you or that you provide to a social media provider with which your Attend account is connected, such as information regarding you and your Attend contacts’ respective locations;
- For internal operations, including troubleshooting problems, data analysis, testing, research, improvements to Attend, detecting and protecting against error, fraud or other illegal activity;
- When we have a good faith belief that the law, any legal process, law enforcement, national security or issue of public importance requires disclosure;
- To protect and defend our rights or property;
- In connection with a corporate transaction involving Attend, such as the purchase or sale of a business unit, an acquisition, merger, sale of assets, or another similar event.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services in Attend’s. These third-party services have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked to Attend. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of Attend and welcome any feedback about these.
Attend is not directed to children under the age of eighteen (18) and we do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of eighteen as part of Attend. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personally identifiable information from a user under the age of eighteen as part of the Attend, we will delete such information from our records.